ss_blog_claim=72c4b2db6d01773cfd92b1543994214b Welcome To The Male Perspective: The Little Things

Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Little Things




Well today was an exciting day, we had been waiting for the monthly open garbage day at the dump to finally clean out all the junk that was left at our new house when we moved in. Luckily my in-laws were in town for a visit this weekend and my father in law gave me a hand loading up and dropping off at the dump. On our second trip down to the dump I saw a little drum kit sitting near the edge of a heaping pile of junk, it was gleaming in the sunlight and I was suddenly overtaken by the urge to go and check it out. Now normally I am really against garbage picking but my young fella's have been asking for a drum kit for a while so I thought as my wife says"it was meant to be", here is the perfect chance to see if they actually will use the drums. Well you would think I just gave them a million bucks when they saw these drums, some of the parts were missing but we worked on it for a while and they were now usable. The litterally banged on those things all day, what a find. It's funny with our kids anyway they usually have more fun with the things that cost nothing, ie drums or an old cardboard box than all their toys. It's the simple little things that seem to make them happy...happy bangin boys...oh I better get a bigger bottle of tylenol I think I'm going to need them. LOL

No comments: