ss_blog_claim=72c4b2db6d01773cfd92b1543994214b Welcome To The Male Perspective: Just call me Mr. Fix it

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Just call me Mr. Fix it



Well I have offically spent my weekend learning a new trade...plumbing... mind you I had the most awesome coach in the world...my wife Carebear. Yesterday I spent the day installing a new vanity in our upstairs bathroom. This bathroom is very cramped for space and my wife really didn't like the look of the old sink...me being brilliant at times suggested we put a vanity in the space...space well if you call a space 22" by 14" space. We were shopping one day and we found a vanity 22" by 12" well home it came. It was certainly a challange to get it in place because of the pipe for the heater invades my 22" by 14" space so I had to make some cuts in the new vanity. All was going very well until I got the vanity in place to find out Oops it is 2" higher than the old sink so out to Home Hardware we went to get new pipes. It's probably a good thing because as I learnt through Joe at the store I really needed a trap in the pipe anyway he showed me what I would need sold me all the supplies... accept some plumbing tape... which I found out I needed later and off home we went. At this point I'm thinking I'm getting in over my head but there really wasn't any turning back so I just soldiered on...thinking well our projects always work out in the end so it'll be o.k. I got into the pipe cutting and glueing and by the end of the night my project was done. It really is exciting to know with a little patience and a good coach us men can tackle just about any project. Today we moved onto the kitchen taps after all my experience yesterday this job was a breeze and it only took about an hour start to finish.
Before Vanity...
...After Vanity

No comments: